Monday, December 13, 2010

Crockpot Beef Bourguignon

 Recently I spent a good part of an afternoon searching for new recipes...with both kids in High School, I am finding it more and more difficult to maintain "family dinner hour", so I am trying to maintain a cooked meal each night. The crockpot is a great solution to this so that everyone can eat a great meal when they get home.

The recipe I used for this is Beef with Red Wine Sauce. I followed the recipe almost perfectly except that I added a bit more wine(end of the bottle, not worth saving) and I decided to thicken the finished product by adding about 1 1/2 T of flour to the recipe at the end. I mixed the flour with water to form a thin paste, added some of the liquid from the crock pot to it to bring it closer to temperature and then slowly whisked the mixture into the crockpot.

I was pleasantly surprised at the results! This is a dump everything in, cover and serve 6-7 hours later and it was delicious! As you can see, I served it over egg noodles with spinach on the side.  It was another swim meet weekend, so we had this for dinner Friday and it was lunch leftovers for Jack and Brian Saturday and Sunday!

Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin