Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Herb Roasted Pork Loin





A quick thanks to Karen for being on top of the blog! As you might have noticed, I haven't posted anything is a while and Karen has filled in the gaps!

Sunday dinner this week was roasted pork tenderloin, roasted sweet potato with apples and brussell sprouts...The 2 lb. tenderloin had been in the freezer, a recent Sendik's meat sale purchase. I often prepare pork tenderloin with a plum butter glaze, but this week I tried something different...I covered the tenderloin with a rub of kosher salt, fresh ground pepper and fine herbs. Fine Herbs is a blend you can find in any grocery store, but if you don't have it, you can use a blend of Rosemary, Thyme, Oregano, Sage, Marjoram and Basil.

I made sure the tenderloin was covered in the rub, placed it in the oven for about 15 minutes at 400°F, then I added the cubed sweet potatoes(one very large sweet potato) around the roast, poured about 1/2 cup apple juice over the meat and potatoes and reduced the heat to 350°F and continued cooking the roast for 45 minutes-1 hour. About 15 minutes after I reduced the heat, I added 2 peeled and cubed apples, added about 1/2 cup more apple juice and continued cooking until the roast reached a temperature of 165°F.

The finished roast had a lovely crust on it, full of flavor and the apple/potato mixture was tasty...a great complement to the pork...



Print Page

1 comment:

  1. http://luxuryrecipes.blogspot.com/2011/01/herb-roast-pork.html

    ReplyDelete

pin