Friday, December 10, 2010

Red Cabbage, Cranberry and Apple Slaw


 Believe it or not, I am still using vegetables I received from my CSA and my last delivery was in mid-october! For this recipe I used the last red cabbage I had received. I haven't ever found any recipe for cooked red cabbage that my family would enjoy, so I was thrilled when I came across this slaw recipe at, you guessed it, myrecipes.com!

Once again, I didn't follow the recipe exactly, mainly due to the fact that I didn't have the right ingredients! I substituted apple cider vinegar for the  rice vinegar and I substituted red wine vinegar for the white wine vinegar...otherwise I followed the recipe.  I served the pecans on the side for two reasons...first, I knew we would have leftovers and I didn't want the pecans to get mushuy and second, I didn't think everyone would want the pecans...half the family added them, the other half didn't.

This is a winner, I will make it again and again...

If anyone does have a good recipe for cooked red cabbage, let me know, I would love to try it!


Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin