This just sounded good to me...and it was. Maybe it was the grapefruit margaritas...but I think it was this chicken too.
Cheesy Stuffed Chicken
- 2 slices center cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 serrano pepper, chopped
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 c shredded cheddar jack
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- 3large chicken breasts pounded to 1/4" thick
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 juicy limes, juice of
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- non-stick spray
Place breadcrumbs in a bowl; in a second bowl combine olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper.
Dip chicken in lime-oil mixture, then in breadcrumbs and place seam side down on a baking dish. Repeat with the remaining chicken.Place in a lightly sprayed pan and bake at 425 degrees for 25 minutes or so (until the chicken is done).