Monday, June 4, 2012

Sweet Lavender Scones

 Scones
I love the smell of lavender.  It reminds me of the French exchange student we had a few summers ago....and of California.....

A few years ago I found a shortbread recipe that included culinary lavender cookies were good; but were really more of an experiment than every day cooking, so I have had the jarof dried flowers for a bit.  I thought these sounded like the perfect morning  treat.  Ah....but a cup of tea, a scone, homemade lemon curd, and a quiet moment.

I made the scones fairly close to the original recipe substituting home made yogurt thinned with a bit of milk for the buttermilk.  I did not garnish them with the sugar.  

Sounds like a good way for my day to begin!  Begin means after a swim meet and watching cyclists on the UPAF ride come past my house.  Some times I will be asked about living on a busy street, and I can't speak for all busy streets...but living on one with a constant parade of runners, walkers, and cyclists is energizing!  It was just one of those days with a lot of day since it started early!

This recipe is a keeper! And days in the mid 70s and sunny are keepers too:)
Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin