Friday, June 8, 2012

Artisan Bread in a Crockpot


Hmm...my sister climbed Half Dome at Yosemite the other weekend.  And I made artisan bread in a crockpot.  It's nice that we sisters can share our accomplishments.

This was posted on Artisan Bread in 5.  I liked the conversation starter of making bread in the crockpot, but I didn't see much of an advantage otherwise since the time is similar to making it in the oven.  I guess I could make it at my desk and eat some fresh baked bread at work.  Talk about a conversation starter!  The more I read it seems like the advantage is breadmaking in the summertime when it's less likely to seem like a good idea to heat up the kitchen with the oven.  OK, I can buy that.  But, for now, I just made this in the crockpot to talk about doing it.

We all have our accomplishments....running a marathon....walking a block.....climbing Half Dome....making bread in a crockpot.....
Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin