Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Quinoa Salad...another one


I made a large batch of red quinoa in the rice cooker the other day since it isn't twice as much work to make a double batch using low sodium chicken broth instead of water for a flavor boost.   I haven't tried freezing cooked quinoa...yet.  Anyway, I made a slightly spicy Thai version of salad and a blander....more Eleanor friendly version.  I think I have converted to being a red quiona fan over the plainish quinoa since, after rinsing both, the red is even less bitter(and yes, I have rinsed and rinsed both colors of quinoa before cooking)..  I have never had black quinoa, but after having it at a friend's house, Eleanor gives it rave reviews.  That's next on the quinoa taste test list!

Salad:
2 cups cooked quinoa
1/2 c golden rasins
cucumber, diced
3 stalks celery
Dressing::
1/4 c raspberry vinegar
1/3 c olive oil
Place salad ingredients in a bowl.  In a separate bowl place the raspberry vinegar.  Whisk in olive oil and pour dressing on salad ingredients.
Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin