Thursday, July 19, 2012

Red Quinoa Salad

Black Quinoa Salad is the more original of this recipe, so refer to that blog for detailed information.  I adpated this a tiny bit since I didn't find black quinoa at TheFreshMarket.  Quinoa is quite expensive there(as are many things), but I needed to do one stop so I got red quinoa there while I picked up my sale items and some Biscoff spread.  And it was on the way home from the Y and the dog park, so it worked!


  • 1 cup red quinoa
  • 2 cups chicken broth
  • 1 red pepper, diced
  • 1 mango, stoned, scooped and diced
  • 3 green onions, sliced
  • 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
  • 1/4 cup mint, chopped
  • 2 tablespoons fish sauce, or soy sauce
  • 2 teaspoons brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon sriracha or to taste
  • 2 key limes, juice and zest

Directions
  1. Place the quinoa and broth in the rice cooker and cook until done. 
  2. Turn off rice cooker and let sit.
  3. Mix the quinoa, red pepper, yellow mango, green onions, cilantro, mint and chili in a large bowl.
  4. Mix the fish sauce, sugar, sriracha, lime juice and zest in a small bowl.
  5. Toss the salad in the dressing and serve.

Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin