Monday, May 30, 2011

Breakfast Burritos



On a recent Sunday I came home from a run and wanted something different than our usual hot breakfast items. I started looking in the pantry and refrigerator and came up with the idea for breakfast burritos. These were modeled after the ones served at Blake's Lotaburger in Albuquerque. Our friend, Carol, walks there from her house every Saturday and gets one of these. She cuts it in half and eats half on Saturday morning and half on Sunday morning. When we have visited her we participate in this ritual also. I usually order mine "Christmas" there...that is with red and green salsa; however, I was working with what I had, so this is how I made them.

I made a couple strips of bacon. While that was sauteeing, I boiled some new potatoes until just about soft. I drained the potatoes and cubed them. When the bacon strips were done I drained the grease and wiped out the pan. Then I sauteed the cubed potatoes and scrambled some eggs with the potatoes. I spread refried beans on tortillas and heated them in the microwave. Then, I added some shredded cheese and the potato/egg mixture and a strip of bacon. I added some red salsa on mine. We rolled and ate them.

The best thing is that it was filling and really lasted for the whole day. I was good until dinner that night and my bottomless pit known as Eleanor was as well!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin