Sunday, May 8, 2011

Parmesan Toasts


I know that this idea isn't very original, but sometimes that's why I need to read a cookbook....to tell me the obvious! I love Ina Garten's recipes, and I will blog a bit more about some of those in the future. This idea is from her cookbook, The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook, a book I don't own, but have checked it out of the library so many times it's almost like it's mine.

I had a loaf of artisan bread(aka miracle dough) that no one in our house ate...and it was starting to get a bit stale. I was trying to decide if I should make bread crumbs out of it when I came across this recipe.
Slice baguette into 1/4' slices
Lay in a single layer and brush with olive oil.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Sprinkle with shredded Parmesan cheese.
Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or so.
Serve at room temperature.

There. A new snack for the people in my house who don't like leftovers!
Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin