Saturday, May 28, 2011

Green Enchiladas


This recipe has been around my house for quite awhile but somehow got put in the back of the poultry section file of my recipe box. I was looking through some recipes and rediscovered it, a definite winner at our house.

I have adapted it a bit...my notecard has many scratches and revisions, so it does work well to substitute with this recipe. Here's what I did to make the dinner pictured:
I used a rotisserie chicken and pulled off the meat and cut it into bite size pieces.
Saute in 1 T olive oil:
1 chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
Add 1 t ground cumin and set this mixture aside.

Steam 1 lb fresh spinach and drain throughly squeezing out extra water; chop
Boil 2 yukon gold potatoes and cut into small cubes

Mix together:
2 c sour cream
1 c plain yogurt
8 oz canned chopped green chiles
steamed spinach
onion/garlic mixture

In a separate bowl:

chicken
potatoes
1/2 the sour cream mixture

Soften tortillas in oven until warm and wrap chicken mixture into each one placing the filled tortillas seam side down in a 9" by 13" pan.
Stir a bit of milk into the sauce mixture and pour over the enchiladas.
Top with some grated cheese. Cover pan with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or so. Take foil off and continue to bake until bubbly and hot.




Page Print

1 comment:

pin