Sunday, May 15, 2011

Apple Fritter Breakfast

Help! I was out of eggs and was trying to think of a good Saturday morning breakfast a few weeks ago for Eleanor. I just wasn't ready to go to the grocery store until I had a complete list. So, I had one sheet of puff pastry in the refrigerator that I was able to pop in the oven. When she woke up and came downstairs her first words were, "I'm so hungry". Oh no....I needed something before swim practice for her and wasn't sure that puff pastry would do it. Eleanor thought of sauteeing apples in a bit of butter with some cinnamon and sugar. She said that our mutual friend, Dee, had folded puff pastry over apples to make an apple pie type dessert.

It was too late for that, so I layered the apples and the puff. She ate it on a paper plate on the way to practice. Wow...what a lucky girl to start her day with this.


No comments:

Post a Comment

pin