Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Chicken Strips and Summer Shape Up


The workout contest at the local YMCA continues!
Go Bleacher Butts!

For making the recipe of the week each family member in the contest gets 5 extra points....that's like working out an extra 2 1/2 hours during the week per person. Of course I am making the recipes. I'm competitive about this contest so our team can win fabulous prizes......maybe even a water bottle? Kelly, our team leader and a Y employee, is promising bigger things than that for the winning team. We're all winners with our fabulously fit new bodies, right? Maybe a free chair massage?

This recipe wasn't too hard since the only ingredient I added to my shopping list was the unsweetened coconut for the chicken (and the mushrooms....but that's another story....ahem...post). It sounds much better than the mint tea last week (which wasn't as bad as I thought it would be).

Although I have done Zumba in the past, I'm not a huge fan since I would much rather grind out my workout with a run, swim, or spin if I have a choice. I don't dislike it but am not addicted either. This week, however, there were bonus points for participating, so the Bleacher Butts rallied for a Zumba evening before our family came home for this recipe. There are bonus points in this contest for working out with a team member....and exercise, like most things, is more fun with a friend. So, the women of our team rallied to dance, whirl, and jiggle.

Kelly had made these the night before and said that her family thought they were a bit dry. I used a mixture of flour, salt, pepper, and paprika and dredged the chicken strips in that before using the egg mixture, then the breadcrumb/coconut mixture. I used unsweetened coconut. Ours weren't dry, so that must have worked.

At least when I got home I got to eat these chicken strips....the recipe is worthy of a repeat. Zumba...hmmm.....repeat?....we'll see.

Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin