Thursday, January 13, 2011

Sweet Potato Pumpkin Soup

I just want to talk about this recipe. I'll do you a favor to save you from this mistake, since this one counts as the worst thing I ever made. Not only is it the worst thing I ever made, but it is probably the worst thing I ever made that a lot of people know about. Thanks to being a mom of a teenager, there was no keeping this one a secret after she shared it on the pool deck with other swimmers and coaches!

It does happen when you like recipes, and I hope none of mine count as one of THOSE recipes in your house, the dud. The recipe I'm talking about had no hope and ended up in the garbage. It saddens me to throw food away, especially in large quantities and especially when all the ingredients are so good by themselves. But, it was horrible.

The strange thing is, it came from The New Basics Cookbook. I have used countless recipes from that book with good results, so I'm not sure where this went wrong.

Here's a link to the recipe and someone's positive review just to give you the other side of the story.


1 comment:

  1. The famous peanut butter soup hits the blog...perhaps I should post my black bean soup recipe that is commonly referred to as Salt Soup in the house...bad recipes are judged by the Salt Soup scale, so far, nothing has been as bad!

    ReplyDelete

pin