Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Green Smoothie

 I have been reluctant to jump on the green smoothie bandwagon.  Very Very reluctant.  Even though green is my favorite color...and I love smoothies.....and I like the idea of a huge fruit and vegetable dose....I wasn't sold on the drinking of a green concoction.  I have to admit, I'm a convert.

I'm not sure what made me decide to go for it!  Maybe it was seeing it in a couple other blogs.  Maybe it's the dearth of fruits and vegetables this time of year. 

This needed to start with a small amount of spinach and larger amounts of fruits, so the combination was:
orange juice
banana
strawberries
handfuls of spinach
a couple tablespoons of my homemade plain yogurt

Blended all with an immersion blender.  Guess I don't need a fancy expensive blender for this after all.

It was delicious!  I didn't taste the spinach at all (even though I really like spinach)....which may be a good thing in a morning beverage.  I was hoping this would give me super powers.....I felt the same on the first day of this, but it must be good for me!

Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin