Tuesday, May 15, 2012

White on White Pizza

Unsure of the origin of this recipe, so I'm not giving credit to someone; however, I did change my recipe card quite a bit...so I feel comfortable that I'm not plagiarizing recipes today!  The original included asparagus and mascarpone...neither of which I had at the time I was making this. 

It's tough being a foodblogger (well, not really).....the pressure to make the pizza dough from scratch at all times!  My coworker wants to start a kind of anti-cooking blog outlining how to make delicacies such as chicken nuggets and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.  So, this blog...with my purchased dough from Sendik's can be dedicated to her!  I bought the refrigerated dough housed in a plastic bag in the refrigerated section of the grocery store.  Sometimes.....you just have to do what works  And I'm all about that.

This is a hummus-like bean mixture on top of pizza.  Interesting idea and it does work in this case. Along with a saute of garlic and artichokes with a drizzle of lemon juice.  Add a bit of cream cheese and some Parmesan on the crust....and freshly grated pepper...and it's a good twist on pizza.

Hummus mixture:
1 can cannelini beans, drained
2 cloves garlic
a smattering of olive oil to blend it together

With the purchased dough it came together quickly.  My plan is to make some of Jim Lahey's pizza dough over the weekend, so stay tuned for some other adventurous pizza next week!
Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin