OK. I'm not normally a sweets for breakfast kinda gal...but these had to be tried. Ummm...yea...they rocked. I liked this popover recipe and will use that as my base for other flavors, so stay tuned. I adapted the recipe and will put mine below...but check out the link for the original as listed above.
I liked this version just a tiny bit better than the one I have used before.
For the puffs:
2 T butter, melted
3 large eggs, at room temperature
1 cup skim milk
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
1 cup flour
For the sugar coating:
1-2 T butter, melted and cinnamon/sugar mixture
1. Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Liberally grease a muffin pan with 1/2-cup indentations with Pam spray.
2. For the puffs, put the 2 tablespoons melted butter, eggs, milk, salt and sugar and whisk for a few seconds.
3. Add the flour and whisk for about 10 seconds, just until smooth.
4. Divide the batter among the molds, filling each 1/2 to 2/3rds full.
5. Bake for 35 minutes, or until the puffs are deep brown.
6. Remove from the oven, wait a few minutes until cool enough to handle, then remove the popovers from the pans and set them on a cooling rack. If they’re stubborn, you may need a small knife or spatula to help pry them out.
7. Mix the sugar and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Thoroughly brush each popover all over with the melted butter, then sprinkle each puff with the sugar and cinnamon mixture.