Saturday, May 5, 2012

Chocolate Yogurt Smoothie

I tried making chocolate yogurt! 
I was at the food coop with Paul and he was looking at chocolate yogurt.  Can I tell you how fun it was to say (in a very loud voice), "I made yogurt this week so we don't need to buy any"?  Ah...fun to say at a natural food coop...and it was true.  OK...so Paul responded that I didn't make chocolate whole milk yogurt.  That's all I needed to prompt me to try it.  So, I ordered chocolate whole milk from the milkman (awesome milk with so-so customer service interpersonal skills) and made yogurt.  It was tricky to get it thick since the draining seemed to take away chocolate-y yogurt rather than just liquid, so I kept it a bit liquidy and used it in a smoothie...with peanut butter and a banana.

I think I'll stick to plain yogurt making (which I am now doing at least once a week)...but this was a fun experiment. 

Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin