Sunday, March 11, 2012

Roasted Chickpeas

Spicy Roasted Cinnamon Chick Peas

I do think I have tried roasting chickpeas in the distant past.  I'm remembering that they didn't turn out crunchy.  It seems like this idea is what I'm seeing so frequently lately to make a salty and crunchy snack just with varying spices.  You know, how you notice something and then it's everywhere!  That's how I'm feeling with this recipe...roasted chickpeas must be trendy right now.

This is a recipe that can be made with any spices but the cinnamon combined with cayenne seemed like a good start for this new snacking adventure.  These are great recipes...these ideas....the things that can be changed with a few spices for lunch/snacks.  The link above seemed a good place to start but a double batch was in order.  Making a double batch is not twice the work, especially when getting all the spices out of the larder!

This is the kind of recipe that makes me think that re-joining a warehouse club is a good idea.  Instead of doing that my thought is that I should look for an food service size can and make differently spiced versions of these...hmmm....that may be the next food item prowl....

Unlike the kale chips (that was kind of a dud as far as a chip/cracker substitute), these were good; although there is still some room for improvement in my version.  Sometimes the idea of healthy cookies or healthy crunchy snacks is a turn off for me.  It's better for me to have the real think and move on...the "good for you" junk food version doesn't often do the trick since I'm still left unsatisfied.  I'm putting these in a category of their own for now.  They weren't as crunchy as I had hoped, so drying them a bit more thoroughly next time is in order.


Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin