Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pasta with Smoky Avocado Sauce


Pasta with Avocado Sauce
Have I mentioned that I love foodbuzz?

This was a foodbuzz find...perfect for the on sale avocados I came across at the grocery store a few days ago.  The cooking slump was just starting to hit me...but this one perked me up and gave me some renewed enthusiasm!  I have not seen another recipe for grilled avocado...nor had I thought of grilling it...although this time I omitted this step completely.  Sure glad to see this recipe posted though...just the thing to get me from winter recipes to spring recipes:)

The olive oil at 2 T or so....that was fine.  Corn added to the black beans...yum...along with a dash of cumin and a dash of coriander (dried).  I used angel hair pasta, so it didn't toss too well with the sauce; next time linguine is in order.

Eleanor and I both think we could eat this once a week.  It came together very quickly and was delicious. 
Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin