Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Multigrain Pumpkin Pancakes



This recipe was born because of my overabundance of winter squash. I called them pumpkin pancakes because that seems to me to be a more appealing name than Squash pancakes, but I used winter squash not pumpkin.  I have found that the two are very interchangeable, so you may use whatever you like! These are fantastic and we have gone through 2 batches in the last few days.

1 c flour
1 c whole wheat flour
1/4 c ground flax seed
1/2 c oats(either quick or old fashioned)
4 T corn meal
4 T brown sugar
3 t baking powder
1 t cinnamon
1 t salt
2 c milk
1/2 c pumpkin or winter squash puree
2 T oil
1/2 c egg beaters or 2 eggs

Blend dry ingredients. Blend wet ingredients, add wet to dry and cook on griddle.


Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin