Monday, December 26, 2011

Comet Cafe Chili

Comet Cafe Chili Recipe
 I'm a huge fan of chili....as you probably know from last winter.   I found this vegetarian chili recipe to add to my collection.  Eleanor is anti-spice and anti-tomato which is the reason I don't have chili once a week all winter.  It's just not fun to make something that 1/2 of us or 1/3 of us (depending on Paul's travel schedule) don't like. This recipe was so easy...there's really no excuse with recipes like this not to make dinner at home.  It's not too involved, chopping a tiny bit and opening cans are the only skills needed on this one.  Yet, it tastes good and is good for your body.  I made this after a late swim practice and it came together in 15 minutes or so.  Usually I buy white cheddar and grate the cheese myself, but this was a quick effort with cheese right from the package.  It works.  I did add the peanut butter mentioned in the recipe since no one here has a problem with peanuts.  I'm glad that I did because it's what made this recipe a bit different.

Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin