Thursday, December 15, 2011

Cauliflower Pie

 Cauliflower Pie
If you're a regular reader of this blog, you already know that kohlrabi, celery root, and cauliflower are not favorites in this house.  They aren't disliked either.....but I have found a couple good recipes for each of these will go a long way for everyone's happiness.

I have used this recipe for years, and I decided to make it with some of the cauliflower in the freezer from this year's CSA.  Although I usually am a white cheddar fan preferring it over the orange-ish variety, I have found that this dish needs a bit of color to avoid the dinner being too white, so orange cheddar is perfect in this recipe.  It's recipe that works well with a few substitutions as well.  I have made it with some carrots and broccoli also.

Cauliflower is one of those things that just seems to go better with a little bit of cheese.




Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin