Saturday, April 9, 2011

Wisconsin Tuna Cakes


My friend Lisa gave me this recipe years ago and it has become a usual in the rotation in our house. She's given me a couple other good recipes as well, but you'll just have to wait for more. She's a busy full time pharmaceutical rep as well as a mom of two young boys, so her recipes tend to be good and quick...two of my favorite things in recipes!

1 can (12 oz) tuna, drained, finely flaked
3/4 c seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 c minced green onions (whatever onions you have on hand will work)
2 T chopped pimentos
1 egg
1/2 c milk
1/2 t grated lemon peel (optional)

Toss together tuna, breadcrumbs, onions, and pimentos.

In small bowl beat together milk and egg. Stir in lemon peel if using. Stir into tuna mixture.
shape into 4 inch patties and fry in skillet coated with Pam for about 3 minutes per side.

These are good the next day, so I often double the recipe in order to have some for lunches.

Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin