Wednesday, November 17, 2010

"Pumpkin" Pancakes

 The end of the CSA season brought a lot of winter squash. Like Karen, I make sure I process any vegetables that may go bad and freeze them for use later. I still had some squash left over from the squash purée I made when I was making butternut squash ravioli (see post 11/2/2010), so I decided I would try to incorporate some into pancakes. Of course, I couldn't call them squash pancakes, my kids never would have eaten them, so I am calling them pumpkin pancakes! I adapted my favorite multi-grain pancake recipe for these (see post 7/8/2010).

Recipe

1 cup flour
1/2 c whole wheat flour
1/2 c oat flour(grind old fashioned rolled oats in coffee grinder or food processor)
1/2 c rolled oats or quick oats
4 T brown sugar
4 T corn meal
1 T baking powder
1 t salt
3 t pumpkin pie spice
1/2 c plain greek yogurt(regular plain yogurt is fine as well)
1 cup pumpkin or squash purée
1 cup milk(may need more to thin batter if using greek yogurt)
2 eggs
2 T oil

Combine dry ingredients; Combine wet ingredients and then add them to dry ingredients. Make pancakes!

Our family likes pancakes plain, hot off the griddle, but these would be lovely with maple syrup and pecans!




Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin