Monday, November 22, 2010

Mac and Cheese

 Through the years I have tried to make homemade mac and cheese but my kids always found the sauce too grainy. After the success of Ina Garten's chocolate ganache cupcakes(see post on 10/19/2010 ) I decided I would try her recipe since she claimed it always comes out creamy!

I have made this twice, the last time was for a Friday night of a swim meet weekend. Carbs were needed as was a meal that could be eaten at any time in the evening. My daughter actually took her dinner to the meet and ate it before a big race...she swam well so maybe it helped :)

Anyway, here is the recipe...Ina Garten's Mac and Cheese

Please note, for my version, I didn't use the tomatoes or the bread crumb topping. Also, it is important to use good quality cheeses, but you can vary them. The first time I used the recommended amount of Gruyere but the cheddar portion was actually part cheddar and part colby/jack. The second time I tried to bury some low-fat cheese in the recipe and the sauce did come out a bit grainy...




Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin