Sunday, November 7, 2010

Fall Sunday Dinner

What to have? I had gotten some pork tenderloins at the infamous Sendik's meat sale and just needed a day where we had time to put them on the grill. That came on a recent Sunday! The original recipe (origin unknown) called for apricot preserves, but I was trying to use up some things in the fridge, so this is what I did.

1/2 c mango chutney
1/2 c balsamic vinegar (Trader Joe's..inexpensive stuff for marinating)
4 T. grainy mustard

I marinated the loins in this mixture for much of the day and then we grilled them...about 40 minutes or so. I wanted to boil the marinade mixture on the stove after the loins were on the grill, and serve that good sauce over the finished sliced and over the potatoes, but I didn't speak soon enough and it was gone. That would be my recommendation...I hope to try it next time.

I had baby greens from the CSA box, so I made a dressing with 18 year old balsamic vinegar, mustard and olive oil. I had a few raspberries for the salad also.

I served it with CSA baked acorn squash, mashed potatoes, and salad. What a great end to the weekend.

It was quite a meal (look how pretty)!! We served it with RCTJWF (Really Cool Trader Joe's Wine Find), so it was a really festive Sunday meal.

OK. Now we're ready for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin