Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Aunt Liz's Chicken Spaghetti Casserole

This casserole is commonly called "gray chicken" at my house. While this title is not very appealing, I have to admit, the first time I made this, it did look very gray, and thus the name. I found this in a cooking light magazine, but is is available at myrecipes.com, here is the link.



I have made changes to this over the years. I found that using all cream of mushroom soup made the chicken unappealingly gray and the flavors were dull. I now use one can of regular cream of mushroom soup and one can of cream of mushroom soup with roasted garlic. I also use whole wheat pasta which is hard to detect with the sauce. The final note is that this says you can make 2 casseroles, about 4 servings each. I usually make one casserole and have some leftovers...I have never been able to get 2 full meals out of this recipe.

Enjoy!

Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin