Thursday, December 20, 2012

Stuffed Pork Tenderloin

Spinach Prosciutto and Mozzarella Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
This was an idea I found and thought it would make a good Sunday evening dinner, with a few modifications, of course.  The idea of stuffed pork tenderloin just sounded so good after a weekend of eating things on the run during a swim meet.  This came together quickly, so I didn't have to spend hours making dinner after being on my feet all day.  I used a recipe from skinnytaste.com for inspiration; however, I think I may deviate a bit more the next time and use this idea to be a bit more creative about stuffing a pork tenderloin.  This recipe called for prosciutto, which was a lost flavor in this so I wouldn't use that for stuffing next time.  Also, I did not use sun dried tomatoes due to Eleanor's tomato issue.  I guess I could have used tomatoes in part of it, but that seemed like too much work at the time I was making this.  I like how festive the original is with the red and the green...but festive wasn't my goal this time. 

I wasn't sure just one would be enough now that there are four of us, but it was....even ended up with a couple pieces for lunch the next day.

Recipe:
I flattened the pork tenderolin by pounding and pounding it flat.  Awesome way to get my anger issues taken care of in a creative way:)

I spread mustard on the inside, then placed some mozzarella and spinach and rolled it together and tied it with twine.  I baked it at 425 degrees for 35 minutes or so using a meat probe and checking that it was done. 

Busy busy week now...but aren't they all?


No comments:

Post a Comment

pin