Sunday, December 16, 2012

Crockpot Tacos

How 'bout that picture off my cell phone?  Just trying a few things off my phone and trying to be a bit wiser about the apps.  I'm liking the picture....almost as much as I liked these tacos.  I found the recipe while exploring the skinnytaste blog and these caught my eye.  Ah.....a recipe with tomatoes sounded like the perfect thing to make while Eleanor was swimming at the meet in Oklahoma City.  

After raving about these, Paul admitted that he was s bit skeptical when I mentioned these earlier in the day; however, the three of us in Wisconsin liked these.  They couldn't be easier.  Really. 

Put the following in the slow cooker and stir a bit:
15 oz can black beans, drained
1 chicken breast
10 oz can Rotel
1 1/2 t chili powder
1 t ground cumin
1 t oregano

I put this in the crockpot on low for about 4-5 hours; shredded the chicken and put it back in the crockpot for another hour or so.  That's how it fit into my day.  It was a bit runny but we just drained it from the spoon a bit before stuffing the taco shells. 

2 c shredded red cabbage (I used pre-packaged Dole brand)
1/4 c cilantro
2 t rice vinegar
Stir and let sit about 15 minutes.

Served on crunchy taco shells. with the filling from the crockpot, a bit of cheddar cheese (if desired), some of the cabbage and some salsa.

Yum!  I would make these again, for sure.  Really easy and really good. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

pin