Friday, August 12, 2011

Watermelon Cucumber Feta Pasta Salad



It seems like watermelon+feta=salad of 2011!

I have been seeing this combination nearly everywhere I turn. I have to admit I wasn't sure that these two items go together. You have to realize I'm a bit shy about combining unusual flavors due to THE SOUP(see blog post from 1/13/11). The other wild flavor combination was in my days traveling through rural Minnesota where odd things ended up in gelatin. Lettuce and lime Jell-O just don't go together in my mind. I mean...just 'cause they're both green doesn't mean they should be combined!

Eleanor found this recipe in Cooking Light August 2011 edition at the orthodontist and thought it looked good. Well, she didn't find this exact recipe since I read it at the office and committed it to memory. I think this may be close, but I'm not sure. I did search for the exact recipe online and didn't find it, so maybe it will be online once the next issue of this magazine is distributed.

Pasta, cooked...about 1/2 lb
diced watermelon, a couple cups
1 seeded cucumber, chopped
crumbles of feta
lemon zest
lime zest
Dressing:
juice of one lemon
olive oil whisked in to make a dressing
Mix together and put in refrigerator until all cooled.

That's it!
Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin