Saturday, August 27, 2011

Clam and Cheddar Pizza

Does it sound strange?
This recipe/idea is from the James McNair pizza book I have mentioned many times. The original recipe was for Clam, Mussel, and Vermont Cheddar and called for 4 c cheddar and 5 c seafood. I adapted and used 2 small cans chopped clams (drained) and about 1 1/2 c shredded cheddar. I also minced 5 cloves garlic and put that on the crust as well. After removing the pizza from the oven I sprinkled it with crushed red pepper and some cilantro.

Verdict?
Eleanor and I both liked it. Paul initially gave it a thumbs down but decided he liked it on the 2nd piece. When I told him that's what I would report on the blog, he backed off a bit on his dislike saying that he just wasn't fond of food with a slightly fishy taste after eating so many meals in Asia. I don't think I would make this often but wouldn't mind having a couple of cans of clams on hand to make it on occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin