Saturday, August 20, 2011

Santa Fe Pizza



One of my favorite pizza authors, James McNair, has a book featuring vegetarian pizzas that are a bit unusual. I don't own the book but had gotten it for my sister in law for a present years ago (and, no, I didn't read it before gifting it). After I had given her the book, I paged through it and found this dinner idea, Santa Fe pizza. Since I love anything to do with New Mexico I had to try the pizza...and....no surprise...I love this pizza and have been making it for years.

Top pizza crust with mozzarella, chevre and roasted red peppers. Bake.Serve with avocado salsa.

Avocado Salsa:
1 c corn
1/2 c finely chopped red pepper
1/3 c finely chopped tomatoes
2 T red onion
1 T mint
1 T jalapeno
2 T lime juice
1 c diced avocado

I used cilantro instead of mint and used quite a bit more than 1 T. Any sort of pico de gallo will work for this dinner idea.

One of my favorite things about this recipe is that it works for any time of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin