Sunday, August 14, 2011

Grilled Chicken....a Winner!


OK, sometimes I'm a bit slow. I do wonder why it has taken me so long to figure out that it's a good idea to grill some chicken breasts and keep those sliced grilled chicken breasts in the freezer for quick meals. It just may be my best idea from the summer. I figured out this was a good idea the other week and have used most of the chicken already.

I made chicken salad...very simple chicken salad with halved grapes, diced grilled chicken, dried tarragon, and mayo. It's such a simple thing to do but it tastes so good and feels like a special meal and this recipe is even better when the chicken is grilled. Eleanor is very happy to have this in the refrigerator for a quick meal or snack.




I diced some of the chicken breasts and added them to a made up pasta salad recipe based off Mary's orzo salad. I roasted vegetables from the CSA box and threw in some of this chicken and made a dressing with lemon juice and olive oil...yum.

I am a fan of having things in my freezer so I can throw together quick meals...either when I plan ahead or when I'm standing in front of the freezer thinking about what can be thrown together to create something new. I am brainstorming many uses for this chicken in the future, so I had better get grilling....pizza? pasta? sandwiches?

Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin