Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Orzo Salad



I have been making this all summer with variations...sometimes I use a grain instead of a noodle...but Eleanor prefers noodles, so that's the way I make it most often. This is a great way to use fresh veggies, especially when feeling a bit overwhelmed with them.

For the picture, I diced summer squash, zucchini, garlic, and red onions and roasted them with a drizzle of olive oil and salt and pepper. I had some shrimp in the freezer that I can't remember buying so I boiled and diced that in the salad as well. I had made corn on the cob a couple days prior to making this and had taken corn off the leftover cob, so I roasted that with the veggies as well.

Served with some freshly ground pepper, parsley, basil and Parmesan cheese and a dressing of lemon juice and olive oil.

It's been great to have this in the refrigerator for lunches or pre-meet snacks.
Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin