Friday, November 23, 2012

Pumpkin Biscoff Bread

Pumpkin Nutella Bread
I think weekends were just made for baking (and laundry and errands and cleaning).  I love the feeling of pulling something extra special out of the oven before the week begins.  There is just too much to do during the week to allow extra time for something as decadent as pumpkin bread.  I mean, there is laundry to do and workouts to be done and meals to be made.  And often there are some work tasks to complete as well.

I try to get meals planned and groceries purchased before the week begins.  I like to make some yogurt and granola as well (how earthy does that sound?).  And, then it's fun to make something a bit extra...perhaps caramel sauce or...um...this bread.  I miss having a bit of time during the week to do a few little fun things, but I like working full time as well, so these things move to the weekend.  Maybe, after I build my PTO bank a bit more, I can take an occasional day off during the week to get back a bit of that type of life.  I'm also thinking that over the Thanksgiving weekend I may get a little nap on either Saturday or Sunday.  Sigh....we'll see what really happens!


Nutella Pumpkin Bread

from Two Peas and Pod via thesweetslifeIngredients:
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup canola oil
1/3 cup water
1 cup canned pumpkin
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 tbsp Biscoff
Directions:1. Preheat oven to 350F. Spray loaf pans with cooking spray.2. In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.3. In a separate bowl, mix sugar, oil, water, pumpkin, eggs, and extract until smooth.4. Slowly add dry ingredients to the wet mixture, stirring until completely mixed.5. Evenly divide batter among loaf pans. Drop 4 tbsp of Nutella per loaf (or 2 if using mini) onto the top of the batter. Using a knife, swirl Biscoff into batter.6. Bake loaf pans for 35-40 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool pans completely on a wire rack before removing loaves from pan and slicing. Can be eaten warm or cold.


No comments:

Post a Comment

pin