Saturday, November 17, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Potatoes

This came courtesy of Nicole, preventionrd.  I love the Buffalo flavors...the vinegariness of the wing sauce...the spiciness of it...and the creamy bleu cheese.  I'm just not a fan of it in Buffalo wing form.  It's just another place that Paul and I disagree since he is fanatical about wings.  If he sees them on a menu it is hard to hold him back from placing an order.  It just may be a bit of my OCD-ness that I don't like food that requires getting hands dirty.  I don't like ribs and I don't like chicken wings.  It could be the hand thing or it could be that the meat cuts are named too close to what they are...not really sure.  But, I do know that I don't like having to wash hands immediately after eating.  Yikes...who wants to eat something that is served with a handwipe?  Not me. 

That being said, I love the Buffalo flavors.  Let me say that again....LOVE those flavors:)

 I wasn't so thrilled with these as a main dish; however, I would probably make them again as a side dish.  Or maybe I should just have these when I am not as hungry as I was the night these were the headline.  The blog linked above (and below) is really one of my favorites when I'm searching for a quick and new recipe.  I haven't gotten too much time to look through too many online sources for recipes.  I know they are there, but I think I'll have some time on a cold and snowy (non skiing...non running...non Y) sort of evening or weekend!

Buffalo Chicken Topped Potatoes

3 medium potatoes
3/4 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
2 Tbsp white vinegar
3 Tbsp calorie-free buffalo wing sauce, divided
1/2 cupcheddar cheese, shredded
1/3 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
1 oz blue cheese, crumbled
chives, diced
Directions:
Scrub and pierce potatoes. On a lined baking sheet, bake potatoes at 375 F for 1 hour or until tender. When cool enough to handle, cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp, leaving thin shells.
Meanwhile, spray a skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Add diced chicken and saute 4-5 minutes until no longer pink. Add the vinegar and 1 tablespoon of buffalo wing sauce. Continue cooking until cooked through, an additional 3-4 minutes.
In a large bowl, mash the potato pulp with cheese, yogurt and remaining 2 tablespoons buffalo wing sauce; add chicken. Spoon into potato shells.
Place on a baking sheet. Bake 8-12 minutes longer or until heated through. Top with blue cheese and green onions. Serve immediately.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds great! I have a ton of potatos to use up. The 10 LB bag was $1.00 less than the 5lb bag. I just couldn't spend more to get half as much.

    ReplyDelete

pin