Thursday, November 8, 2012

Indonesian Peanut Saute

Indonesion Peanut Saute

My friend Judy posted this on her facebook and commented that she needs to make this now that she lives miles and miles from a Noodles and Co restaurant.  She moved from our little 'burb to a ranch in California.  It looks like she's in a beautiful spot...and now that she can make this for her family all is well in the teenage world at her house!

This is one of my favorite items at the restaurant, so it was a fun idea to try it at home.  I have made quite a few similar things, but wanted to try this recipe too.  Hey, there's always room for another recipe in my house.   Paul had a recent trip to a couple Indonesian locations, and he says that this is a made up name since the food he sampled in that country wasn't very good.  Although he isn't a fan of Noodles and Co, so maybe there is a bit more authenticity than I think!

I made this with tofu since we had a number of chicken items on the menu already for the week I was making this.

Indonesian Peanut Saute with Tofu
Saute cubed tofu in:
1 T oil with...
1 T Sriracha
lime juice (juice from one lime)
ginger (about 2 T)
garlic (3 cloves, minced)
soy sauce (2 T)
Toss in grated carrots and chopped broccoli and cook for just a couple minutes.  I like my veggies slightly crisp, so it just took a minute or two.

Cook 1 lb noodles.  I used linguine.

Peanut Sauce:
1 c chicken broth
6 T peanut butter
2 t Sriracha
3 T honey
6 T soy sauce
3 T ginger
4 cloves garlic
Heat the above ingredients in a pan until blended.
Put it all together and garnish with limes, peanuts, and cilantro.

The girls and I really liked this dinner.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

pin