Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Peanut Butter Bomb Smoothie

Peanut Butter Bomb Smoothie
Cruising the internet I came across this recipe.  Always happy to have some additional smoothie recipes/ideas since it's one of my favorite ways to start the day; it just seems like a good way to get some additional nutrients into the body before the day really begins.  We're not huge banana fans at this house even though we know that there is good nutritional value to them.  So...we try to eat them in smoothies...disguised a bit we seem to do a little better.  And....put peanut butter into the mix (literally) and they seem pretty good.  They do work well frozen and blended.

Just wanted to make sure that Eleanor had a bit of extra energy on Day 2 of the lifeguard training class. Yikes....it's a long day times repeated.

The mornings are getting cooler and fall is in the air, so I don't know how many more smoothie mornings we will have.  I am guessing that we will be switching to latte mornings.....probably pumpkin latte mornings fairly soon.  I'll have to start thinking about how to replicate some of those delicious lattes offered at Zest in Stevens Point.

I made this just like the linked recipe.  Really.  My only variation was soy milk instead of almond milk:)

Let me just say....the peanut butter crunch bombs are a really fun idea for some extra nourishment and crunch.


Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin