Monday, August 20, 2012

Hummus...and getting ready for the week ahead

Getting organized for the week....yikes.  It seems as though fall has started since my full time position has started....swim practice at the high school has started.....a bit more structure than we have had the past couple months.  I think I will need to have a more regular schedule such as crockpot night, pizza night, soup night, pasta night, etc  And I may just have to think of planning Monday through Thursday dinners...and then re-group a bit.  I suspect I will be changing it a bit depending on what is going on.

On our return from violin camp I decided to get ready for the week by:
a) meal planning
b) grocery shopping for planned meals
c) strategic lunch shopping
d) prepping meals
e) making a plan for the next couple weeks for meals

So I made hummus, I hard boiled eggs, I mixed up pizza dough, I measured dry ingredients for breakfast, I prepped some smoothie items, I made Sportea, I made pumpkin butter.  Yep, a couple hours well spent.  I do hope to take an hour or so each weekend to pull things together a bit before starting the week, but we'll see how that goes.  It's all in the re-evaluating and adjusting.

I don't think I have ever really made hummus the same way twice...and I suspect it is a bit like chili with everyone having their own version.
Hummus
can chick peas, drained (sometimes I cook my own...but not this time)
3 cloves garlic
1/3 c or so tahini
lemon juice
Put in the food processor and whir until the texture is smooth-ish.  Sometimes I add a tablespoon or so of milk or soy milk.
hummus and cucumber and basil wrap

Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin