Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Potato Corn and Leek Chowder


 Potato Corn and Leek Chowder

I have an abundance of potatoes from the CSA, red, white, russet and sweet! I also received leeks this past week, so chowder it is!

This recipe is easy to throw together...I made it on Sunday for a Monday night meal and I doubled the batch. I used red potatoes, added a small jalapeno for flavor and used red/green peppers which is what I had. Being November, I also used frozen corn.

The family was once again split on this recipe.  Meghan and I thought it was good, Jack and Brian thought it was bland...in the future I will use a second jalapeno and perhaps handle the thickening of the recipe differently. This recipe called for adding the flour to the milk and then adding this to the vegetable mixture, I think I would handle this more like a traditional rue by adding the flour to the vegetable mixture and then add the milk.

Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin