Sunday, November 6, 2011

Pork Tenderloin with Sauteed Apples

It was a big cooking weekend and this was Sunday night's dinner.I had a pack of two pork tenderloins, so I decided to make it all, figuring I could freeze the leftovers for another night.


The recipe is from myrecipes.com, and it is Spiced Pork Tenderloin with Sauteed Apples.  I cut my loins fairly thick, so the cooking time was increased.  I actually seared the pork and almost cooked it through and then finished it in the oven while I made the apples.  I didn't have shallots, so I used leeks and I didn't have apple cider so I used a little white wine.  I would think that the use of cider would definitely sweeten this dish and the apples combination would have been a bit thicker.   We all loved the pork and it was a split decision on the apple topping.  Half thought plain old applesauce would have worked better.  The pork was a big hit though, I would definitely make it again.  I doubled the seasoning as well.


Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin