Monday, November 7, 2011

Butternut Squash Soup




 I made this last year and I am surprised I didn't blog about it...this is one of my favorite soups on the planet! In an effort to decrease my squash supply,  I used the two butternut squash I had on hand and set to work.  This is another easy soup recipe. The time to prepare and roast the squash is the only time consuming part of the recipe.  I also use less apple than the recipe calls for, we find it is too apple flavored otherwise. Once again, I made this soup on the weekend and froze it for a future monday night meal.  I didn't have shallots on hand so I used leeks and I never strain this soup, just puree it well. I didn't add the half and half since the soup was going in the freezer. I will add that when we have it for a Monday meal.




Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin