Sunday, November 20, 2011

Caramelized Onion and Garlic Pasta



 Caramelized Onion and Garlic Pasta

 Recently Brian decided to sign me up for a free preview of Taste of Home. Of course, the free magazine had a bill attached to it, I guess they think I MIGHT pay it to continue my subscription, but I am one of those people that  has stopped all subscriptions, including the newspaper. Anyway, I thought I would take a look and I was pleasantly surprised by the caliber of the recipes. In one magazine I found 4 recipes that made the "try" pile.

I made this on a Sunday night that was the end of a very busy swim weekend and it came together quickly.  I used half leeks, half onions and chopped regular tomatoes since I had them and not grape tomatoes.

The family all liked this but all felt the balsamic vinegar overpowered the dish. In the future I would use red wine. The other comment was that they would have preferred the onion mixture to be more saucy as the onions tended to clump.

This is definitely a twist on a typical pasta dinner...definitely will be repeated.

Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin