Monday, November 21, 2011

Gingerbread Muffins with Lemon Glaze


Gingerbread Muffins with Lemon Glaze
On a recent Sunday Eleanor decided to browse recipes for breakfast ideas.  Although I have fully converted to the hot breakfast idea, it is a bit tricky to come up with new ideas.  As with any meal rotation, we get tired of having the same things, so I was excited when she found a few things for me to make.

The gingerbread was a great idea for a rainy fall morning.  And the lemon glaze...really good.  We were remembering that we had made a gingerbread recipe a few years ago with a lemon cream cheese frosting.  My memory may be a bit foggy, but we are thinking that it came from the book The Tea Shop Girls by Laura Schaefer.  Even if the recipe didn't come from this book, we both read this and enjoyed the story, the setting, and the recipes. After finishing this book we had hoped that there were more by this author...and now there's a sequel.  I didn't know about the sequel until I was typing this blog post; I'm so glad to be blogging so I learned this.  Along those lines, we wish there would be more Callahan cousin books, and more Chicks with Sticks books......  And if we're wishing about books, I wish Eleanor got into the Trixie Belden series, but she never did.  Gleeps!

Print Page

1 comment:

  1. I love spiced muffins---I have an apple spice muffin recipe I like. I'd love to have a few muffin recipes I love and freeze a variety pack for using as needed.

    ReplyDelete

pin