Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Fish Tacos


I needed a quick meal the other night, so I returned to an old favorite, fish tacos. These are based on Rubios and Taco Surf...two SoCal quick dining choices that please our entire household. They were served on corn tortillas because that's my preference for this recipe but flour tortillas work as well.

1-1/2 lb whitefish, cut into pieces (I used tilapia)
3 cloves garlic, minced
salt and pepper
2 T. lime juice

Rub these three ingredients into the fish, then coat the fish in:
2T. chili powder mixed with 1/2c cornmeal
Saute the fish and serve on warmed corn tortillas with shredded cabbage, lime wedges, salsa, avocado, and white sauce (see below):
1/2 c. plain yogurt
1/2 c. mayo
1/2t each oregano, cumin, dill weed, cayenne

Sadly, I did not have avocado last night...and they really are better with some chopped on the top. I did have some fun sauces (shown in the picture) that my husband picked up on a recent business trip to Mexico.

It was box pick up night for our CSA, so I was able to make a quick salsa with some of the ingredients. The green beans are from the box as well. The tomatoes were awesome and I had some locally grown corn, CSA red onions, and cilantro.

Notice the margarita...just the perfect thing to have with the tacos on a beautiful summer night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin