Monday, August 9, 2010

Greek Chicken Pita


Fast and healthy....my favorite two words for weeknight cooking! Although I love to spend the day in the kitchen...having a job and a swimmer...that doesn't happen every night. This recipe idea is something I found on the back of a spice blend from Penzeys.

The chicken is cut into cubes and marinated in 1 T. Greek spice blend, 1 T. lemon juice, 1 T. water and 1 T. olive oil. Usually I do that in the morning and let it sit in the refrigerator all day. When I get home in the evening I saute the chicken and grate some cucumber, squeeze out the excess water and put that in plain yogurt. Serve it on a warm pita with feta cheese....and it's a crowd pleaser in minutes. Depending on my ambition level (aka time) it can be served with tomatoes, pepper strips, and/or onion. I was fortunate to get cucumber, red onion, and tomato in the CSA box this week,so we had fresh ingredients.

1 comment:

  1. Sarah, our mutual swim mom friend, tells us that this is good with flank steak also.

    ReplyDelete

pin