Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Classic Summer Meal

In celebration of my son's 17th birthday, I put together a classic summer meal, barbecued chicken, potato salad and corn on the cob. I have never been good at making potato salad, it is often mushy or flavorless, but this time, I made a winner!

I had several pounds of red fingerling potatoes from my CSA box, so I set to work.

Here's the recipe...

4 pounds baby red potatoes
2 stalks celery, chopped
1/2-1 onion, chopped
1 1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup dijon style mustard
2 T white or red wine vinegar
salt and pepper

Boil potatoes, cut into chunks and allow to cool.  While potatoes are still slightly warm, add onion and celery, mix together rest of ingredients to make sauce. Pour sauce over the potatoes and mix. Refrigerate until cold.

I served the salad with barbecued chicken from Tyler Florence and oven roasted corn. To make oven roasted corn, place corn in husks in a preheated 350°F oven for about 30 minutes, until husks start to brown...fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin