Thursday, August 5, 2010

Lemon Chicken

From Bup's Bistro:

On my last trip to Sendik's meat and seafood sale I picked up 2 packages of chicken thighs. While the calorie conscious side of me was objecting to this choice, the budget side of me was determining that dark meat chicken, which is full of flavor, was a worthwhile purchase as a budget buster every once and a while. The question remained, what do I do with these! Both my husband and son HATE eating chicken off the bone, so I would have to make something awesome to overcome this dislike. The other stumbling block was that we have been in the middle of a major heat and humidity wave, so the final dish would have to be light. No Chicken Stew in August!

I found a recipe for Grilled Lemon Chicken on Epicurious.com. I had most of the ingredients, so I decided to give it a shot. I didn't have poultry seasoning, so I just seasoned with salt and pepper. I had a day, so I did let the chicken marinate overnight.

A note about cooking the chicken...I cooked the chicken on a gas grill and followed the directions to the letter, once the chicken was seared, I moved the pieces to the unlit side of the grill so the chicken would continue to cook with indirect heat.

The finished product was a light, juicy, lemony chicken, perfect for a summer evening.  I had a cucumber, green onions, kohlrabi and fresh basil from my CSA box, so I put together a tomato, cucumber, kohlrabi, basil salad and dressed it with a homemade vinaigrette. Even the boys didn't mind getting the last of the chicken off the bone!







Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin