Monday, January 30, 2012

Cinnamon Chex Mix

Here's the original:
Cinnamon Apple Chex Mix
I made this with the cereal and a mixture of butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and cinnamon.  Omissions....almonds, dried apples, yogurt covered raisins.  Instead I substituted craisins.

Sweet Chex mix is something Eleanor has not been able to have from the package due to the nuts..and probably the labeling since she really does not have an allergy to almonds.  In fact, she had the packaged mix when we were on vacation years ago, but she can no longer have it since the label doesn't specify WHAT KIND of nuts with which there is potential cross contamination. One of her few memories of a trip to SanAntonio and Port Aransas is the Chex Mix.  I don't think she remembers The Alamo or The Riverwalk but she remembers that we bought this for a beach snack!

I had clipped this recipe but had forgotten about it.  Once found, I decided to make this as a fun snack surprise for her.  There is a large meet this next weekend.....so....if it lasts that long this will be a good quick energy snack to take to the pool.  

I love having Monday off so I can get ready for the week.  In past lives I have done this on Sunday, so that works too.  But, today (Monday), I went to the grocery store and got food for the week.  I'm making granola today and this snack.  I just finished with a batch of hummus.  When I return from Body Pump I will finish the laundry (clean sheets....hooray) and make some soup.  I'll post about the soup after we try it!

My groceries for the week are purchased after I planned the menu yesterday!

Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

pin